Capsicum Chutney video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1114 times
Capsicum Chutney video. Here’s a chutney that will tickle your taste buds and perk up any dish it is served with.
An apt accompaniment for idli, dosa and hot steamed rice, the Capsicum Chutney combines the pungent, mildly spicy flavour of capsicum with the comforting taste of roasted dal, the tanginess of tamarind, the appetizing taste of sesame seeds and the spicy flavour of red chillies.
A good dose of coconut helps to hold the chutney together and also balances all the flavours. All together, the homely taste and lovely mouth-feel of this chutney is sure to please everybody.
Recipe Description for Capsicum Chutney
- Heat 2 tsp of sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan add the urad dal and chana dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sesame seeds, dry red chillies, 5 curry leaves, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut and tamarind and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool the mixture and blend it into smooth paste using 2 tbsp water. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of sesame oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and the remaining 5 curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Pour the tempering evenly over it and mix well.
- Serve with idlis, dosas or steamed rice.
See step by step images of Capsicum Chutney Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.