How many calories does one serving of Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup have?
One serving of Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup Salad gives 72 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 44 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 11 calories. One serving of Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup Salad recipe. A lip-smacking soup using low-fat paneer. Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup being rich in calcium and protein helps to maintain bone strength and repair damaged tissues.
Is Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
3. Yellow Moong Dal : The fibre (4.1 g in ¼ cup) present in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries which promotes a healthy heart in turn. Packed with nutrients like zinc (1.4 mg), protein (12.2 mg) and iron (1.95 mg), yellow moong dal helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and help to keep it moist. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly. See here for details of 7 amazing benefits of yellow moong dal.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup Salad ?
Yes, this recipe uses low fat paneer which is perfect for diabetes, heart and weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack.
Can healthy individuals have Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup Salad ?
Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy low calorie soup
3. Low cholesterol soup
4. Athlete Soups
5. Pregnancy folic acid
6. Pregnancy Soup
7. Preconception recipe
8. Diabetic Soups
Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup Salad is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 72 calories that come from Spinach, Paneer and Dal Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 22 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 12 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.