Bonda Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3070 times
A scrumptious snack made with a batter of urad spiked up with pepper and curry leaves, Bonda is an evergreen favourite across South India. It can be served as an evening snack with Chutney, Sambhar and a cup of Coffee, or added to a breakfast platter along with Idli, Dosa or Pongal. Whenever you choose to have it, the crisp outer layer and fluffy insides of the mouth-watering Urad Dal Bonda will surely put a smile on your face.
Recipe Description for Bonda, Urad Dal Bonda
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water for atleast 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding 2 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, shape each portion into a round and deep-fry, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with any chutney of your choice.
See step by step images of Bonda, Urad Dal Bonda Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.