Baked Spinach with Corn Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8730 times
A soft layer of potato and paneer topped with a mouth-watering spinach and corn layer, garnished with tangy tomato slices -- if that does not sound tempting enough, the best part is yet to come -- the whole arrangement is topped generously with cream and cheese and baked to perfection. Indeed, the Baked Spinach with Corn is a gourmet preparation befitting a king's menu, yet so simple you can make it in your own kitchen and present it proudly to your family and guests.
Recipe Description for Baked Spinach with Corn
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, salt and corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (7”) baking dish using butter, add the potato layer mixture and spread it to make an even layer.
- Pour the milk over the potato layer, spread the spinach and corn layer mixture in the centre of the baked dish.
- Arrange the tomato slices surrounding the spinach and corn layer.
- Spread the cream and sprinkle the cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Baked Spinach with Corn Recipe
- Instead of spinach, you can also use mixed boiled vegetables.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.