Aloo Kulcha, Amritsari Potato Kulcha video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2476 times
Aloo Kulcha, Amritsari Potato Kulcha video. Aloo Kulcha is a delicious, flavour-packed Indian bread, which is stuffed with a tasty, mildly-tangy potato mixture. A sprinkling of black sesame seeds and chopped coriander on the rolled dough boosts the aroma and flavour of the Aloo Kulcha manifold. When cooked on the tava, these ingredients get toasted and give out an awesome aroma. Make sure to brush the kulchas with a little butter before serving, to make the taste even richer!
Recipe Description for Aloo Kulcha, Amritsari Potato Kulcha
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 5 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, curds and salt and in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Add the oil and knead very well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and roll into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre and press it lightly.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle with a little plain flour for rolling.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of black sesame seeds and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it and roll again into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to roll 5 more kulchas.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place a kulcha over it with the black sesame seed-coriander side facing downwards.
- Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat the steps 9 to 11 to cook 5 more kulchas.
- Brush each kulcha with a little butter and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Aloo Kulcha, Amritsari Potato Kulcha Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.