by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16386 times
This dessert is so simple to make, when you have unexpected guest coming over, this desert is just perfect. . . .
- Combine the sugar and 2 tbsp of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the mixture turns light brown in colour, do not stir with a spoon, just gently rotate the pan occasionally.
- Add the orange juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the sugar melts.
- Add the strawberries and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Just before serving, pour the brandy into a large spoon and warm it on a direct flame. Set alight and pour it over the strawberries.
- Place 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream in a bowl, pour ½ the strawberry flambé over it.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.