Paneer and Tomato Tortilla Bake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9950 times
This layered tortilla casserole is stuffed with cottage cheese and a rich, thick and creamy mustard-flavoured sauce that adds a pungent flavour to the dish. Truly a party fare!
Add your private note
Paneer and Tomato Tortilla Bake recipe - How to make Paneer and Tomato Tortilla Bake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 15 to 20 minutes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400 ° F) Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, chilli powder, paneer, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place one tortilla at the bottom of a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased baking dish.
- Spread 1 portion of the filling over the tortilla and place another tortilla on it.
- Spread 2 tbsp of mustard sauce and place another tortilla on it.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining tortillas, filling and mustard sauce. Finish off with the filling as the last layer.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.