Noodle and Spinach Bake
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4475 times
A lusciously creamy sauce of paneer and milk flavoured with nutmeg and pepper plays host to boiled noodles, which is then topped with spinach and grated cheese. What makes this Noodle and Spinach Bake convenient to prepare is that it is microwaved for two minutes to fuse the cheese with the other ingredients, rather than baking the setup for a longer time. While this is a quick alternative, it is equally important that it is served immediately to enjoy the best texture and flavour.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine ½ cup of the paneer sauce and noodles in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Put the above mixture in a baking dish, put the spinach mixture evenly over it.
- Pour the remaining ½ cup of paneer sauce evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over it and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- 5 cups of finely chopped spinach will yield approx. 1½ cups of blanched and chopped spinach.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||7342.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||38 mg|
|Folic Acid||158.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.