by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16835 times
Another version of the famous Schwarzwald cake.
- Stone the cherries. Keep aside 3 tablespoons of the syrup and add the rum to it.
- Bake the sponge mixture in a well-greased and dusted 175 mm. (7") diameter tin.
- Cool the cake and trim form the top and bottom.
- Cut the cake into 2 horizontally.
- Sprinkle the syrup over the cake parts. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry dough to 175 mm. (7") diameter and bake in a hot oven at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- Cool the pastry.
- Apply a thin layer of jam over the pastry.
- Put one part of the cake over the pastry.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until very thick.
- Spread a little cream over the cake, arrange the cherries on top and spread a thick layer (at least 12 mm. (1/2")) of cream over the cherries. Chill in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the other cake part on top, spread the remaining cream and decorate with grated chocolate and cherries.
- Chill the cake.
- Serve cold.
- VARIATION : BLACK FOREST (EGGLESS)
- Proceed as above using eggless chocolate sponge cake mixture instead of fatless chocolate sponge mixture.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.