by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14182 times
Give your regular kadhi a nutrient boost by adding sprouts to it. A traditional tempering gives the Sprouts Kadhi an appetising aroma, while ingredients like green chilli paste and spice powders give it an irresistible flavour.
The sprouts not only contribute immense nutrients and fibre but also a variety of textures, which makes the kadhi more toothsome. A perfect addition to lunch or dinner, this Sprouts Kadhi is quite flavourful without using too much salt, making it ideal for those with high blood pressure.
Serve with rotis and rice .
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chillies and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed sprouts, 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, green chilli paste, chilli powder and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add the curds-besan mixture to the prepared sprouts mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 132 kcal|
|Protein|| 9.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 16.7 gm|
|Fat|| 3.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.3 gm|
|Calcium|| 28.8 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.