by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13140 times
Kadhi gets an extra shot of nutrition with the addition of sprouts! for a truly memorable meal, serve hot with nourishing khichadi.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, bayleaves, red chillies and asafoetida and sauté for while.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sprouts, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 1 to 2 whistles or till the sprouts are cooked.
- Meanwhile, whisk the curds and besan together.
- Add this mixture along with ½ cup of water to the cooked sprouts and bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes and serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
| 107 cal|| 6.8 gm|| 13.7 gm|| 3.1 gm|| 0.7 gm|| 10.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.