Saagwala Cheese Kofta
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19786 times
A tasty, simple recipe of cheese koftas tossed in a flavourful spinach-fenugreek gravy. Add the koftas to the gravy just before serving, as they are soft and crumbly and cannot be simmered in the gravy for a long time.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into a round kofta.
- Roll each koftas into the breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, and deep-fry a few koftas at time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the blanched spinach and fenugreek leaves in a blender and purée to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onion paste and sauté till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the kasuri methi, turmeric powder, spinach-fenugreek purée, cream, garam masala, sugar, salt with ½ cup of water and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- Just before serving add the koftas in the gravy, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.