Added to 156 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64366 times
A world famous recipe from the kitchens of Punjab, this makes for a delicious and wholesome meal when served with chawal.
- Drain the water from the rajma, wash and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds and cinnamon.
- When they crackle, add the onions and sauté for a few minutes till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and green chillies and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the soaked rajma, alongwith 3 cups of water, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- When the pressure is released, add the dry mango powder and black salt, mix well and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.