· In addition to being added to fruit salads, passion fruit pulp is commonly used in desserts, such as the topping for the pavlova ( a type of cake) and cheesecakes
· It may be used to make juice, cocktails, and jams and even on shaved ice.
· In Brazil, passion fruit mousse is a common dessert,
· Ice cream and mochi are also flavored with passion fruit pulp, as well as many other desserts such as cookies, cakes, and ice creams
· The passion fruit pulp is used to flavor yogurt.
How to store passion fruit pulp, maracuja pulp, krishna kamal ka pulp
The pulp can be stored for long periods in bulk with 1000-1500ppm of sulphur dioxide or benzoic acid or a mixture of both, but there is a reduction in the quality of the flavor than the fresh ones. The passion fruit pulp should be stored in a plastic container under refrigeration.
Health benefits of passion fruit pulp, maracuja pulp, krishna kamal ka pulp
· Passion Fruit is low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium , High in Dietary Fiber. Vitamin A and Potassium.
· Passion fruit juice is a good source of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and is known to lower blood pressure because of the presence of heart friendly alkaloids.