by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45417 times
The well-thought-out choice of spices in the stuffing is sure to delight your taste buds. This healthy variation of Tandoori Paratha is a sure hit!
Oil is usually added to the flour to make a smooth and soft dough, but to curb the use of oil, I have added low fat curds which also produces the desired effect.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft-smooth dough, using water only if required.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add the mixture and sauté for 5 minutes or till all the water evaporates.
- Cool and divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter, using whole wheat flour.
- Place the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) pan. Turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the paratha with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 109 kcal|
|Protein|| 4.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 21.5 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.0 gm|
|Calcium|| 45.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.