Soya Granule and Vegetable Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70752 times
Soyabean is a versatile food not just because of it health benefits but also for its effect on stomach once it is consumed. It produces alkali in the stomach thereby making its place in the list of alkaline foods.
- Soak the soya granules in 1 cup of hot water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green peas, rice and soya granules and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of hot water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Served hot garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||174.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.