by Tarla Dalal
Added to 480 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65347 times
A rich, gooey, sinful and truly indulgent dessert. Warm, fudgy walnut brownies served with rum marinated fruits, drizzled with chocolate sauce that is streaked with fresh cream. And what is a brownie served without the mandatory scoop of vanilla ice-cream. So dig in and indulge.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 c (350 f).
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour this mixture into a greased and dusted 200 mm. X 200 mm. (8" x 8") baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 50 mm. X 50 mm. (2" x 2") pieces. Keep aside.
- Keep aside 2 tablespoons of the cream and pour the rest into a pan. Bring it to a boil and remove from the fire.
- Add the chocolate and mix well till it is of a sauce like consistency. Keep aside.
- Lightly heat 2 sizzler plates till they are hot (but not red hot as for other sizzlers) and place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Pour some of the chocolate sauce over 1 sizzler plate and drizzle some fresh cream over.
- Using a toothpick, streak the cream into the chocolate sauce to create a marbled effect.
- Place half the brownies and then the marinated fruits on the sides. (reheat the brownies if cold).
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and the chocolate sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another sizzler.
- Serve immediately.
- If you like, soak the brownies with some rum before you place them on the sizzler platter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.