by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 385 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89356 times
Let's journey to mexico. . . . . . The land of tacos and tequila. This sizzler is a fiery combination of veggie filled tortillas served with a stir-fry and spicy papri flavoured mashed potatoes.
- Combine both the flours and salt and knead into a soft dough using warm water.
- Allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll them into 4 chapatis approx. 150 mm. (6") in diameter.
- Cook them on a griddle (tava) till both sides are lightly browned. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and sauté the capsicum, onions and garlic till the onions are translucent.
- Add the green chilli, tomatoes, corn, paneer, baked beans, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and add the spring onion greens. Add in the cheese and keep aside.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel the skin and chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onions for ½ minute. Add the green chilli and sauté again for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes till it is thick. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the vegetables.
- Add the salt and ¼ cup of water and allow the vegetables to soften till the water evaporates.
- Add the cumin powder and mix well.
- Combine the milk, butter and salt in a pan and bring to a boil over a slow flame till the butter melts. Add this to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl till the mixture is smooth (strain the mixture if necessary to remove any lumps).
- Spoon into a piping bag and keep warm.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot and place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Fill the warm tortillas with the filling mixture and roll them up to make frankie rolls. Keep aside.
- Place 2 rolls on a hot sizzler plate and surround them with the vegetable stir-fry.
- Pipe the paprika mashed potatoes on one side of the plate.
- Pour the mexican tomato sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle the spring onions and cheese on top. Serve topped with guacamole.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients on the other sizzler plate to make another sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture over the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.