Kachhe Kele ke Kofte
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93646 times
The Mughlas made use of every ingredient in their cooking and in the most unusual ways. This dish as the name suggests uses phal or fruit to make the kofta. Raw banana is combined with a few basic spices and deep-fried to make wonderfully tasty kofta. These are eaten with an equally unusual gravy that is a little sweet as it makes use of honey. A must try for everyone!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, and add the cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon.
- When the spices crackle, add the onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the tomato purée and allow it to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream and milk, mix well and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the sugar and honey and mix well. Keep aside.
- Arrange the koftas on a serving dish, pour the hot gravy on top and serve immediately garnished with fresh cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.