Amritsari Gobi Mutter
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 113 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60390 times
Cauliflower and green peas, the popular duo, feature in a rich, white gravy that is so flavourful you would hardly notice the absence of onions and garlic! While cabbage gives a crunch and flavour akin to onions, bottle gourd acts as the main ingredient in the gravy, giving it volume and a creamy texture. Typical value-adds like garam masala and cashewnut paste add to the gravy’s appeal, making the Amritsari Gobi Mutter an instant hit with your family.
- Combine the white pumpkin cubes with 1 1/4 cups of water in a kadhai and cover and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, or till the pumpkin is soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chilli paste and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the garam masala and prepared white pumpkin paste, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green peas, cauliflower, cashewnut paste, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cream, mix well and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve immediately with parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.