mixed fruit essence
Last Updated : Oct 05,2017
Viewed 15054 times
Mixed fruit essence is a highly concentrated flavour extracted from a combination of fruits onto an alcohol base or synthesised artificially using chemical compounds. Artificial essence is simply chemical mixtures that mimic a natural flavor in some way. Anything that we smell has to contain some sort of volatile chemical -- a chemical that evaporates and enters a person's nose. Mixed fruit essence has just one or a few dominant chemical components (usually esters) that carry the bulk of the taste/smell signal. If you add these esters to a product, the product will taste, to some degree, like fresh fruits. To make more realistic flavors you add other chemicals in the correct proportions to get closer and closer to the real thing. You can do that by trial and error or by chemical analysis of the real thing.Mixed fruit essence is an easy way to add strong fruit flavour to baking products, sauces, ice cream, and beverages.
How to select
The essence should be food grade and lie in adherence to the international standards for food. Check the expiry date before buying.
· Mixed fruit essence is used to predominantly flavour baked goods , beverages and ice creams
· This wonderful flavour compounds is useful anywhere you need a bit of fruit flavour. They produce a distinct flavour in desserts and sauces.
· Use pure mixed fruit essence to flavor marinades, puddings, pies, chutney, syrup and chocolate sauce.
· For a great depth of flavour, try layering a dish with both fresh ingredients along with an essence or flavour, such as freshly cut pieces of any fruit along with fruit essence in a fruit cake or pudding.
How to store
The mixed fruit essence is usually stored in dark coloured bottles, kept away from heat or direct sunlight. They can also be refrigerated.
· Since mixed fruit essence is usually synthetic and produced to add fruity flavours artificially, they do not contain any substantial health benefits
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.