Viewed 6643 times
Also Known As
Lime juice concentrate, Lime Syrup, Lime juice cordial.
Lime Cordial is a concentrate of lime juice in sugar syrup, which needs to be diluted in water or soda before consumption. To prepare it :
· Mix sugar, citric acid and tartaric acid.
· Add boiling water over it, stirring continuously.
· Once it dissolves, add the lime juice and little of lime rinds. Mix.
· Cover the container and let it stay for overnight.
· Next day, strain the concentrate and bottle it. Lid tightly.
How to Select
Lime Cordial can be easily prepared at home.you can also get it in food malls or supermarkets like Big Bazaar, which stock drinks and beverages. Also it may be available in certain wine shops. It is generally available in plastic bottled packaging. Few manufacturing companies include Asia Farm, Sunberry, Tesco Lime Juice, Rose's lime cordial.
· Lime Cordial is sweetened substitute for lime juices. It can be consumed as a drink by just diluting it in chilled water with crushed ice added.
· Fresh Lime soda, a sweet flavored can be made by diluting the cordial in chilled soda. Add crushed ice with jaljira masala to give a mouth watering tangy sour flavor.
· Lime cordial is used in cocktails to impart its sour flavor to the drinks. Few names include Blue Heaven, Gimlet, Green Eyes, Warped Willie, Snow ball, etc.
· Even vodka can be consumed by adding lime cordial ans soda to it.
· Lime cordial can be combined with ginger juice to give a refreshing summer cool drink such as Ginger Lime Cordial.
How to Store
Since it is a sugar base syrup, it has an extended shelf life. Always tightly lid the bottle when not in use. You can store it in a cool dry place without refrigeration for at least 6- 8 months. If you desire to store longer, then it would be preferable to refrigerate it. This will last its flavor for 16- 18 months.
Lime cordial is considered as a healthy drink as it has no artificial flavorings, colors or preservatives added. Its main ingredient is lime juice, which has innumerable health benefits.
· Lime is a rich source of Vitamin C, which helps to prevent scurvy in children. It also helps boost immunity.
· It helps in digestion and prevents constipation
· A glass of luke warm water, with lime cordial added, when consumed early morning helps remove toxins and gases from the body. It also helps lose weight faster.
· Lime juice can be had during nausea and vomiting, as its fresh flavor relieves one from nausea feeling.
· It is also said that daily intake of lime juice solves urinary disorders and piles.
· It is useful in skin care and eye care.