Tomato and Cheese Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 134 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32268 times
A quick and easy Pizza that you can put into the Oven minutes after you get back from office! Made of all-fresh ingredients, without requiring any pre-packaged pizza sauce, this Tomato Cheese Pizza has a nice tangy-spicy-herby taste and juicy-cheesy mouth-feel, which you are sure to enjoy. Basically, most of the ingredients that usually go into the pizza sauce are all layered on the pizza itself along with toppings like tomatoes and olives, all of which gives out an intense aroma and rich taste on baking. Enjoy this fresh and hot out of the oven.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and brush some butter over it.
- Sprinkle 1½ tsp of garlic evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¾ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Arrange 10 tomato slices evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp chilli flakes over the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle more ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp olives, salt and 1 tbsp basil, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 to make 1 more pizza.
- Place the pizzas over a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 12 to 15 minutes or till the cheese melts and the pizza turns crisp.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.