by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 608 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22286 times
The rich and intense flavour of boiled milk tinged with enchanting spices like saffron and cardamom, is uniquely coupled with freshly-grated pineapple in this innovative Pineapple Basundi.
The flavour of pineapple is quite strong in this dessert, as the fruit is grated rather than chopped. Make sure you use ripe and sweet pineapple to get the right flavour. The creamy texture of the Pineapple Basundi is, needless to say, absolutely rich and irresistible.
Altogether, the fruity notes and the creamy texture combine to make this an awesome dessert , which is ideal to serve at parties . You can also try other tasty desserts like Basundi and Pear Rabdi .
- Combine the pineapple and sugar in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the saffron and 2 tbsp of warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the pineapple mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.