by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 596 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17737 times
A sumptuous and healthy dessert to serve your loved ones without feeling guilty. I've used pineapple as it blends wonderfully with the basundi while enriching it with vitamin C and fibre. It's important to remember to use a fully ripe pineapple because an unripe fruit will require a lot more sugar thus adding on unnecessary calories.
- In a small bowl, soak the saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Put the milk in a broad non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Simmer over a medium flame stirring continuously till the milk reduces to half original quantity (approx. 250 ml.).
- Add the saffron mixture and cardamom powder and mix well. Cool and refrigerate.
- Combine the pineapple and sugar in a non-stick pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the cooled pineapple mixture to the chilled thickened milk and mix well.
- Serve chilled, garnished with the pineapple pieces.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt||Energy||Protein||Cho||Fat||Vit A||Vit C||Calcium||Iron||F. Acid||Fibre|
|64 gm||90 kcal||4.9 gm||17.4 gm||0.1 gm||8.1 mcg||18.2 mg||180.3 mg||1.3 mg||0.0 mcg||0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.