Mexican Hot Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21621 times
Pungent and tongue tingling, the Mexican Hot Sauce is a valuable addition to several Mexican dishes, and can be enjoyed as a dip with your favourite chips too. The fieriness of red chillies when combined with the deep flavour of onions, the tanginess of tomatoes and the lingering aroma of oregano results in a delightful experience for the taste buds.
- Soak the red chillies in ½ cup of warm water in a deep bowl for 15 minutes. Do not drain.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and soaked red chillies (along with the water), mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the tomatoes turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely and blend in a mixer till it forms a smooth paste without using water.
- Transfer the paste in a deep non-stick pan, add the oregano, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly and use as required or store refrigerated.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.