Low Calorie Gajar Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22767 times
Like the evergreen filmy numbers of the 70s, Gajar Halwa is a traditional hit you cannot resist! However, even a single serving can be dynamite for weight-watchers, as it is loaded with ghee and khoya. Here is a Low-Calorie Gajar Halwa that will please your palate at just 109 kcal and 4.8 gm of fat per serving. Steaming the carrots in the steamer decreases the amount of ghee needed. Likewise, replacing khoya with a small quantity of milk powder, and eliminating almonds does away with more calories. It’s time to pamper your sweet tooth now!
- Place the carrots in a sieve and steam for 5 minutes in a steamer. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the steamed carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk powder and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve warm or store refrigerated in an air-tight container till serving.
Nutrient values per serving
| 109 kcal|| 4.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.