by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 227 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33728 times
This dish is also called sukhadi in some parts of Gujarat. This is a version of Golpapdi, that is served warm and not cut into the traditional diamond shaped cubes. The trick to making this version is to add the gur after the wheat and ghee mixture has cooled to a comfortable temperature and yet allows the gur to melt and caramelize thus giving it a characteristic
- Combine the ghee and the wheat flour in a glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the saunf, khus-khus and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir for a few minutes till the mixture cools down slightly.
- Add the grated jaggery and mix well till it dissolves into the flour mixture.
- Microwave for a few seconds (approx. 10 seconds) if the jaggery has not melted completely.
- Add the milk and cardamom and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the sliced almonds and pistachios.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.