Date and Sesame Puranpoli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 270 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38574 times
Sweet, delicious and nutritious too – that’s a rare combination, isn’t it? Well, it all features in the Date and Sesame Puranpoli, a traditional treat loaded with the goodness of iron from dates and sesame seeds. It wins over hearts with its nutty taste and rich aroma of til, and is so satiating that it is a meal in itself. This highly nutritious sweet is grandma’s secret prescription for sudden hunger pangs attacking pregnant women!
- Combine the whole wheat flour and milk in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough and filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4?) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the filling in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Lightly press the sides using your fingers and roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5?) diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the puranpoli till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more puranpolis.
- Smear ¼ tsp of ghee on each puranploi and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per puranpoli
|Energy|| 246 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 39.7 gm|
|Fat|| 6.5 gm.|
|Fibre|| 1.7 gm|
|Iron|| 2.3 mg|
|Folic acid|| 10.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.