Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Red Pepper
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 135 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30184 times
Potatoes are an excellent food choice in you first trimester and even the pre-pregnancy period when you need to stock up on folic acid and iron. The skin of the potato (which we always discard) is edible and is a rich source of folic acid. If you scrub the potatoes really well before you cook them, you do not really need to peel them. Broccoli is another good source of folic acid apart from providing for plenty of fibre. The cheese and cream add calcium to this dish and the red pepper is great for vitamin C.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the broccoli, red pepper, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream, salt and pepper and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes. Remove from the flame.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each boiled potato into 2 halves horizontally.
- Scoop the potato halves, using a spoon so that a depression is created for the filling.
- Sprinkle some salt over each potato halve and fill each potato halve with one portion of the filling.
- Align the potatoes on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per piece
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Calcium||Folic acid||Vitamin C||Iron||Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Calcium||Folic acid||Vitamin C||Iron|
| 124 calories|| 3.2 gm|| 13.3 gm|| 6.5 gm|| 394.0 mcg|| 76.8 mg|| 15.7 mcg|| 35.6 mg|| 0.5 mg|| 124 calories|| 3.2 gm|| 13.3 gm|| 6.5 gm|| 394.0 mcg|| 76.8 mg|| 15.7 mcg|| 35.6 mg|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.