Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne Video
Viewed 151 times
Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne Video.This elegant vegetable lasagne showcases both tomato and cheese sauces as well as a colourful layer of zucchini and eggplant slices.
Recipe Description for Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne
Baking time: 35 minutes
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F)
Makes 5 servings
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the lasagne dough into 3 equal portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter lasagne sheet, using plain flour for rolling
- Cook each lasagna sheet (one at a time for 2 minutes) in a large deep pan of boiling water to which 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of oil has been added.
- Drain and transfer the lasange sheets in a bowl of cold water. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Mash the tomatoes lightly with a potato masher so they release their juices.
- Add the tomato ketchup, oregano and chilli flakes, mix well and cook pn a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Mash it lightly again, if required.
- Add the basil and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini, brinjal, salt and pepper, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley, mix well and cook for 30 seconds. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and saute on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, pepper and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring continously. Keep aside.
- To make zucchini and eggplant lasagne, grease a 150 mm. (6") diameter baking dish with butter.
- Place one cooked lasagna sheet in the baking dish.
- Spread half of the filling and then half of the tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Place the second lasagna sheet over the tomato sauce.
- Spread the remaining filling and tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Place the third layer of the lasagna sheet.
- Pour the white sauce evenly over it so that the lasagne is covered completely.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes on the middle rack and 5 minutes on the upper rack.
- Serve the zucchini and eggplant lasagne hot.
See step by step images of Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.