Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne By Hpatel7
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5532 times
This elegant vegetable lasagna recipe, zucchini and eggplant lasagna showcases the lovely flavour of tomato and cheese sauces along with a colourful display of zucchini and eggplant slices. An amazing lasagna recipe with innovative ingredients and great presentation.
Add your private note
Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne By Hpatel7 recipe - How to make Zucchini and Eggplant Lasagne By Hpatel7
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Divide the pasta dough into 3 equal portions and roll out each portion as thinly as possible into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter lasagne sheet.
- Cook each sheet of pasta (one at a time for 2 minutes) in a large pan of boiling water to which 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil has been added.
- Drain and transfer the lasange sheets in a bowl of cold water. drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and celery and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup and oregano and mix well. keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and parsley and remove from the fire. drain the garlic and parsley and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sauté the zucchini slices with salt till they are lightly browned. keep aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and cook the eggplant slices on both sides till they are lightly browned. sprinkle a little salt and keep aside.
- Heat the butter, add the flour and sauté for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk while stirring continuously and so that lumps do not form. bring to a boil.
- Add the salt, pepper and cheese and mix well. remove from the flame .
- Grease a 150 mm. (6") diameter baking dish.
- Place one sheet of lasagne on the baking dish.
- Top with a layer of the eggplant and zucchini and then half of the tomato sauce.
- Repeat with the second layer of the lasagne, eggplant and zucchini, garlic and parsley and the remaining tomato sauce.
- Top with the third layer of the lasagne sheet. pour the white sauce over so that the lasagne is covered completely.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 09 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.