Yellow Cucumber Chutney
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11244 times
This chutney is served with rice. This chutney is also called 'dosakaya pachadi' in andhra.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add the red chillies and sauté on a medium flame.
- Remove from the flame and transfer in a blender.
- Add the tamarind paste, crushed jaggery, green chillies and coriander and blend in a mixer to a paste without adding any water.
- Add the turmeric powder and 1/3 of the cucumber to this mixture and blend again to a coarse paste.
- Mix the above mixture with remaining cucumber and add salt.
- Prepare the tempering with mustard seeds and hing and add to the chutney.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe was contributed by madhavijata on 20 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.