White Sandy Mist
by kundan shah
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1747 times
A delectable blend of coconut cream with tangy tamarind water, White sandy mist taste so different from the drinks we are used to. The chilled coconut based drink is sweetened with deseeded dates and sugar.
- To extract coconut cream, add 11/2cups finely grated coconut to 3cups warm water. allow to stand for a while.
- Blend and strain milk.
- To extract tamarind juice, take 1/2cup seeded tamarind pulp, 1/2cup seeded dates, mix with 2cups water and leave to stand for about 2hours.
- Blend and strain. add sugar and salt according to taste.
- Mix above ingredients and chill.
- When serving pour in glasses and garnish with coconut and cherries.
This recipe was contributed by kundan shah on 25 Feb 2001I am currently living in Nairobi Kenya. I have two children a son and daughter.
I have graduated...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.