Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7865 times
Venn Pongal is a South Indian savory preparation made from rice, lentils and spices. Pongal is an easy dish that is tasty but not too heavy on spice. Serve pongal as breakfast or meal with coconut chutney.
- Wash rice and roasted dal. add water to one inch above level of rice.
- Add turmeric and let it simmer.
- Add a little more water if not semi- solid.
- When done remove from heat.
- Warm ghee and roast cashews until a golden, remove carefully and set aside.
- Throw in cumin seeds, cracked pepper, curry leaves into the ghee and in a minute or two pour int onto the pongal with the cashews.
- Add the ginger. mix well.
This recipe was contributed by haseen36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.