Vegetable Cutlets, Mixed Veg Cutlets Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 370479 times
veg cutlet | Vegetable cutlet | Indian style veg cutlet | mixed vegetable cutlet | with 22 amazing images.
Vegetable Cutlet is a snack, appetiser and also a Indian roadside food. It is crisp from outside and soft from inside and one of the best evening tea time snack.
We have cooked vegetables like potatoes, fansi, carrots and cabbage in oil and perked it up with spices and other flavourful ingredients. Then Vegetable Cutlets are flattened into small rounds and either deep-fried or shallow-fried in a tava with little oil, to make irresistibly tasty cutlets!
Cutlet is an snack which is originated from India and it is also known as Tikki. There are many variations to cutlets. You can make Vegetable Cutlets with paneer, green peas, beetroot or any vegetable. Check our collection of vegetable cutlet recipes and popular Brinjal Cutlets and Vegetable Maggi Cutlets recipes.
Vegetable Cutlet is also a very famous for being served in Indian railways with breads. It can be put inside a burger bun and eaten directly with ketchup or chutney. Check the Indian Railways Cutlet Sandwich recipe.
You can serve Vegetable Cutlet to your kid who don't like vegetables, as the cutlet is eye appealing. My favourite recipe using this Vegetable Cutlet is Veggie Burger.
Learn to make veg cutlet | Vegetable cutlet | Indian style veg cutlet | mixed vegetable cutlet | with step by step photos and video below.
- To make vegetable cutlets, heat the oil in a deep non-stick, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the potatoes, french beans, carrots and cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water (approx. 2 tbsp) to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and plain flour, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mash the mixture using a potato masher.
- Remove from the flame, transfer the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) flat oval.
- Dip each cutlet in the prepared plain flour mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each vegetable cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve the vegetable cutlets immediately with tomato ketchup.
Vegetable Cutlets Video by Tarla Dalal
Vegetable Cutlets, Mixed Veg Cutlets Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cutlet
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.