Vegetable and Sprouts Kootu
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13139 times
Vegetable and Sprouts Kootu, a delicious sync of vegetables and sprouts subtly flavoured with a delectable blend of South Indian spices. Tastes great with hot rice or chapattis.
- Heat water in a pan, add the turmeric powder, salt and parboil the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add asafoetida, urad dal and red chillies and roast them. Add coconut and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- To the parboiled vegetable add the toovar dal, sprouts, prepared masala, tamarind and salt. Mix well.
- Add enough water and cook for a few minutes, ensuring the consistency is not too thick and does not stick to the pan.
- In a small pan heat oil, add the mustard seeds, chana dal. When the seeds crackle add a pinch of asfoetida and pour the tempering over the curry.
- Serve hot garnished with curry leaves and fried urad dal vadis
- Steamed chana dal can also be added, but take care it does not get mashed.
- As a variation you can also add steamed peanuts to the curry.
This recipe was contributed by gpisupati on 16 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.