Veg Manchurian by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1427 times
Veg Manchurian, which is one of the most popular Chinese dishes in India, is sold even in roadside food stalls and snack counters these days! This popularity is well-deserved, because the Veg Manchurian does have a zesty charm that captivates anybody who bites into one.
A mixture of crunchy veggies is shaped into balls and deep-fried, and then tossed with an assortment of sauces and flavour enhancers like ginger, green chillies and garlic.
Recipe Description for Veg Manchurian, Chinese Dry Manchurian
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball (if you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water).
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the balls, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, ginger, garlic and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- 3. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, cornflour-water mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the manchurian balls to the dry sauce, toss gently and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Veg Manchurian, Chinese Dry Manchurian Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.