by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19351 times
Somehow, the word ‘vanilla’ has been misused in the English language as an expression that means plain or ordinary, but ask any cake lover and they will swear by the versatility of vanilla!
Indeed, be it a sponge or a cupcake, the vanilla flavoured one is the most exciting and useful of all, because its nice soothing taste and mouth-feel complement any flavour beautifully.
This Vanilla Cupcake is testimony of this fact. These cupcakes are really tasty and easy to make. They just melt in the mouth, and play host effectively to any type of icing or butter cream. Let your imagination run wild, and decorate these amazing cupcakes in your favourite way.
You can also try other recipes like the Gooey Chocolate Muffins or Chocolate Chip and Mango Muffin .
- Combine the plain flour, milk powder, baking powder and baking soda, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well till it is smooth and light using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour mixture gradually and fold gently.
- Add the milk gradually and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions.
- Place 9 paper muffin cups in a muffin tray and fill each cup with a portion of the batter.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Vanilla Cupcakes Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cupcake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.