by LOPA SHAH
This recipe has been viewed 4831 times
Parathas can be of many types or one can say there are many varieties of parathas, but here is something different type of parathas which is made from raw mango as well as the dough is to be knead with the use of alphanso mango juice. So try this innovative and something different yet very tasty and healthy parathas
- Grate the raw mangoes, add the salt and keep aside for some time.
- Squeeze out the excess water from mango by pressing it very tightly between the palms and keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine the wheat flour, oil, coriander, salt, green chillies, cumin seeds powder, dry ginger powder, mango essence, mango juice and grated raw mango and mix well.
- Knead to semi soft dough using mango juice as required, apply little oil on your palms and knead well till soft.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll them into a thick circle of 5" diameter usinf little rice flour for rolling.
- Heat non stick tava and grease it with little ghee.
- Cook each paratha till golden brown spots appear on both the sides using ½ tsp ghee.
- Similarly prepare other parathas.
- Serve hot with green chutney and bundi raita
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 23 Nov 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.