Urad Dal With Onions
by Jyoti V B
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29594 times
This is a good dry dal. Put less water to avoid stickiness. It is good for your health.
- Pressure cook the dal till two whistles.
- When the steam escapes take out the dal from the cooker and keep aside.
- Take a kadhai, put oil in it.
- When oil becomes hot, put mustard seeds and when mustard seeds crackle add turmeric powder, hing , curry leaves and onion.
- Then saute until they become light brown in colour.
- Then add salt, chilly powder , roasted coriander powder and the cooked urad dal.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot with chapati or jowar roti.
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 22 Dec 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.