Urad Dal and Onion Pakodas Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 598 times
Urad batter is generally associated with the South Indian vada, but here we have made pakodas with urad dal and it tastes absolutely awesome.
Recipe Description for Urad Dal and Onion Pakodas
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the urad dal and ¾ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.