Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10041 times
Coconut can be added later also, but if it is added in the boiling water itself, it will get mixed well.
idly plates can be used for steaming.
u can also steam it in the pressure cooker without weight.
- Heat a kadhai and add little oil.
- Add all the seasonings and when the mustard splutters, pour water.
- Add salt and grated coconut.
- When it boils add the rice rawa little by little and mix well.
- When the mixture thickens, switch off the gas and let the mixture cool for 5 to 10 mnts.this mixture will look like upma.
- Touching a little water in the hand make small balls of egg shape out of the mixture.
- Now steam these balls in a steamer for 15 to 20 mnts.
- Upma kozhukattai is ready to be served.
- Serve hot along with coconut chutney or any kind of kothsu.
This recipe was contributed by subni on 06 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.