Top 10 Indian Hot Drinks for Winter
Warm your insides in the cold season with a selection of Indian Hot Drinks for Winter.
Just as summer brings with it a host of cool drinks, winter is the time to indulge in warm beverages that help dispel the chills. People in different regions across India have their own special winter drinks, recipes for which have been handed down over the generations.
1. Ingredients like cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and peppercorns help generate heat in the body and are added generously to hot drinks in this winter season. These concoctions not only help to warm the body, they also help combat winter conditions like cold, coughs and stuffy noses. The most famous is the Masala Chai.
Masala Chai Or Masala Tea
2. Black Tea is also drunk all over the world. Black Tea is one of the simplest and most refreshing drinks, forged with the cultures of most world communities. This is without the use of milk and most people opt out of sugar too to make it a complete healthy concoction.
Black Tea, Basic Black Tea
3. Look at other states for inspiration if you would like to experiment. Kashmir is famous for its Kashmiri Kahwa, a delectable blend of green tea with saffron, almonds, and cardamoms.
Kashmiri Kahwa, Kashmiri Tea
4. In Gujarat hot Masala Milk and steaming hot Masala Chai are the choices for the season. The milk masala powder which is the main flavour of this recipe is also made at home in batches.
Masala Milk, Saffron Masala Milk Recipe
5. Rajasthan favours a bajra-buttermilk mix called Bajra Raab. It is ideal to have this traditional bajre ki raab during the winters, when it will not only make the new mother feel warm and cozy but also boost her health. It is often served to a lactating mother, as it increases breast milk production. The ajwain used in this recipes aids in digestion too.
6. If your down with a cold, try the Honey Ginger Tea. Want to go caffeine free, then our top choice is the tulsi based Herbal Caffeine free Tea.
Honey Ginger Tea for Cold and Cough
7. On a really chilly day, a Hot Mushroom Tea will soothe your throat. This is a perfect choice to soothe and rejuvenate yourself for the endless challenges you need to meet every day.
Hot Mushroom Tea, Healthy Mushroom Tea
8. Whether you drink these beverages for their medicinal benefits or just to enjoy their warmth-giving properties, these recipes from across the country will help you face this winter with considerable more comfort! The other Indian Hot Drink recipe is for lemon grass lovers, Lemon Grass Mint Tea.
Lemon Grass and Mint Tea
9. If fruit juice makes you think of a long cool summer drink, think again. Fresh fruits like apple or pomegranate boiled with a few cloves and sticks of cinnamon make wonderful winter potions.
Check your supermarket shelves for hot Turkish fruit teas like apple, pomegranate, and kiwi, or make your own versions with a little imagination. You can also make Turkish Tea in your own kitchen.
Pomegranate Tea, Turkish Tea
10. Hot Tulsi Tea with its unmistakable herbal accents is a wonderful cure for sore throat on cold days. It is not only pleasing and refreshing but its anti-bacterial properties helps in detoxification too.
You will love our other Beverage articles.
1100 Beverage Recipes
Chocolate Drinks (31 recipes)
Cocktails (33 recipes)
Coffee (33 recipes)
Indian Drinks / Sharbats (188 recipes)
Juices (235 recipes)
Low Cal Beverages (110 recipes)
Milkshakes & Smoothies (288 recipes)
Mocktails (335 recipes)
Squash / Syrups (42 recipes)
Tea (53 recipes)