Tomato Vermicelli Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36168 times
Who doesn't love tomatoes? Yes, this cuisine also has its own version of tomato soup which has an addition of thin noodles. Quick to prepare, the soup is seasoned with freshly ground pepper that makes it ideal for winter
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, allow to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the same pan, add the vermicelli, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the vermicelli is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.