Tomato Rasam By harithab
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6360 times
A staple in south Indian households, Tomato rasam can be enjoyed as soup or as a curry with boiled rice. The spicy and tangy taste of tomatoes get complemented with onion, pepper, cumin and garlic.
- Blanch tomatoes in hot water, take out the skin and mash or grind the pulp.
- Add lot of water to the pulp, salt, rasam powder and jaggery.
- Powder pepper, jeera, garlic coarsely.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, once they crackle add powdered pepper, jeera, garlic. fry little and add it to the tomato rasam.
- Boil well for 5-10 minutes, add coriander leaves.
- Server hot with rice or even to drink as a soup.
This recipe was contributed by harithab on 28 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.