Tomato Pulao By harithab
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11285 times
An appealing and irrestible pulao recipe, Tomato pulao has the long grain aromatic rice cooked in tomato puree and select seasonings. A meal in itself, the flavoursome tomato pulao is best enjoyed as packed munch or main course meal.
- Grind the cocconut with warm water and squeeze out the milk.
- Wash tomatoes and chop them
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, shajeera and cashewnuts.
- Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and fry them until onions turn brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry them.
- Add pudina leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder.
- Finally add cocconut milk, washed rice, water and salt.
- Close the cooker lid and switch off after 2 whistles.
- Server with raita.
This recipe was contributed by harithab on 28 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.