Tomato Coconut Chutney Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1014 times
Easy and quick to prepare. Almost all South Indian snacks are served with a variety of chutneys on the side.
Recipe Description for Tomato Coconut Chutney
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the chana dal, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Serve immediately with dosas or idlis or store upto 2 days, refrigerated and use as required.
See step by step images of Tomato Coconut Chutney Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.