Tomato, Cabbage and Bean Soup by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 156 times
Tangy tomatoes, crunchy cabbage and mealy beans come together with an aromatic and flavourful vegetable stock to create a truly delicious and satiating soup. Have a small bowlful of this pepper-flavoured soup to kindle your appetite, or have much more to make it a meal in its own right, but always make sure you relish every mouthful of this wonderful Tomato, Cabbage and Bean Soup. Make sure you shred the cabbage quite finely to ensure it cooks without losing the crunch and colour.
Recipe Description for Tomato, Cabbage and Bean Soup
- Combine all the ingredients in a pressure cooker along with 5 cups of water, mix gently and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Strain the water using a strainer and discard the vegetables. Keep aside
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and boil on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and baked beans and boil again for 8 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.