Tomato and Coconut Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25041 times
Tomato and coconut soup is very easy to prepare. The combination of tomatoes and coconut brings a nice eye appeal. This soup is tangy and spicy. Worth a try!!
- Combine the tomatoes, coconut and green chillies along with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Allow it to cool.
- Once completely cooled blend in a blender till smooth.
- Strain the mixer in a deep bowl using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafetida and the curry leaves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato-coconut purée, sugar, salt and coriander and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||527.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||33.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.