Toasted Hummus Sandwich with Vegetables by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 264 times
A famous dip from the Middle East, Hummus features an amazing combo of chickpeas, garlic and curds.
It has a nice texture, a bit of tang and a pungent taste, which are enhanced further in this recipe, by adding crunchy veggies, cheese, and a dash of herbs and spices.
Recipe Description for Toasted Hummus Sandwich with Vegetables
- To make toasted hummus sandwich with vegetables, heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, basil, oregano, chilli flakes, cheese and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, cool the mixture slightly, add the prepared hummus and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 toasted bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread 1/2 tsp of butter on each slice. Spread a portion of the mixture evenly on a buttered bread slice and cover it using another buttered bread side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat step 6 to make 5 more sandwiches.
- Cut each toasted hummus sandwich with vegetables diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.