Tilgulache Ladoo (til Laddu)
by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45276 times
Til laddu's (known as 'tilgul' in maharashtra) are made during sankranti. While giving laddu's there is a tradition of saying - 'tilgul ghya god god bola'. Further, sankranti occurs during winter, seasme is good for health if consumed in this season.
- Roast sesame in a pan till it is golden brown in colour and keep it aside.
- In another pan, roast grated dry coconut in a pan for 4-5 minutes and keep it aside.
- Take chikki jaggery in a pan and start boiling it.
- In order to check whether the heating is done, take water in a cup and put drop of jaggery in it. Allow it to cool. If it forms a soft ball, then it is ready for laddus.
- Now add 1 tbsp of pure ghee to the mixture and keep stirring the same.
- Now add roasted seasme, peanuts crush, grated and roasted coconut, chana dal, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Make the laddus while the mixture is hot.
- Grease hands with little ghee
- Make small round shaped laddus
- Note :
- If the mixture becomes hard while making laddus, re-heat the same
- You may add cashew nuts to make it more rich
- Store the laddus in an air-tight container
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 06 Jan 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.